Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jesus' "Parable Of The Sheep And The Goats"

     Jesus told a parable about what would happen when he would come in his glory and separate those who had helped others, the sheep, from those who had not, the goats. 
     He will say to those who have helped others, the sheep, on his right hand,
     "Come, you blessed ones of my Heavenly Father, inherit the kingdom which has been prepared for you:  because I was hungry and you fed me;  I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink;  I was a stranger and you took me in;  I had no clothes and you clothed me;  I was sick and you visited me;  I was in prison and you came to see me."
     The righteous will reply, "Lord, when did we do these things to thee?"
      And Jesus will reply, "Truly, as much as you did these things for one of the least of my brothers, you have done this for me."
     He will then say to those who did not help others, the goats, on his left hand,
     "Go away from me, you cursed ones, into everlasting fire, made for the devil and his angels:  because I was hungry and you did not feed me;  I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink;  I was a stranger and you did not take me in;  sick and in prison and you did not visit me."
     They will also answer him," Lord, when did we see you like this and not look after you?"
     And he will answer them, "Truly, as much as you did not do this for one of the least of my brothers, you did not do it to me."
     And they will go to be punished forever: but the righteous will have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment