Friday, February 8, 2013

Little Piffy Looks At Herself In The Puddle

      Little Piffy was an ugly brute, or so everyone said at school.  She knew it must be true, because everyone said it.  It was that way, for sure, she said, or they wouldn't go on about it so much.

     Then one day she happened to be walking along a side-street of the main thoroughfare of town (you'll know what that means when you are older - just bear with me for now) when she stepped right in the middle of a big puddle.  Oh, joy, there was a child there in the puddle.
 
     Now what did she see?  Herself.  But she didn't know it was her.  She thought it was some beautiful child.  But it was her.  How could she be beautiful?  Everyone said she was an ugly brute, or so their mothers said in one case and so the news spread.  Why?  Because she had disgruntled her.

     So when someone calls you a name, ask Why.

     Now on to the rest of the story.  Why?  Piffy asked herself.  Why I disgruntled her?  Because my mother taught me that way.  But now I know that's wrong and I don't behave like that anymore.  But I'm still an ugly brute, because I behaved like that once.  Isn't that funny?  But the child here is beautiful, and that must be me, the real me.  End of story.

      There, wasn't that funny?  Have you had that happen to you, children?

No comments:

Post a Comment