Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review of Megan McDonald's book Judy Moody

     I like Peter Reynolds' illustrations, especially the Table of Contents and the delightful illustration of Judy Moody in a bad mood descending the stairs on her first day of school, which made me chuckle.  This book made me laugh when she ate a shark.  Did you laugh too?
     My favourite part of the book is where Judy sings to her Venus Flytrap.  In case you don't know what a Venus Flytrap is, it is not an animal, it is a plant which eats flies.  Yes, I know.  I also liked the doctor doll Judy received.  It sounded adorable and I chortled with laughter.  I found this book easy to get into.
     This is the sort of book you might like if you like pets. Judy goes to the pet store quite a bit.
     Judy gets invited to the birthday party of a boy she detests, Frank Pearl who eats paste (not a recommended activity, children - paste-eating, that is.)  She puts off going but somehow she gets there.  The paste-eater's party sounds hilarious and made me laugh and laugh.  Frank Pearl shows a side of himself Judy hadn't expected.  Very interesting.
     The book goes on being funny and very original.
     If Share and Tell is your favourite thing, you'll get a kick out of this book.   I love this part.  It even made me want to do Share and Tell and I'm an adult.  This book is a winner.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment