Thursday, March 15, 2012

Squirrel The Horse/Joanne Morris Okano

Squirrel the horse was a horse, of course,
A pony to be exact.
Squirrel went riding with me on his back
Me on his back, me on his back,
Clippety, clippety clop.

Squirrel was gentle and Squirrel was kind
Squirrel was also deaf.
When the planes flew low in the Biggin Hill Airshow
I was safe
He did not run away
That day.

Some of the other horses out riding
Were frightened
By the sound of the planes
And although their riders
Tightened their reins
Their horses ran whinnying away.

But one day, Squirrel got the better of me
When his sister he did see
In a paddock by the road
Where we went for a ride
With me on his back,
Clippety clop.
"Neigh!" said Squirrel with glee.
"Neigh!" said she.
And I fell off his back
And got quite a whack
On the head
And spent the next three days in bed
With concussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment