Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bloopers At School

     I attended a wonderful school named Baston School, where one of the best things, in my opinion, was the costume collection.  So I signed up to participate in a play.  I was assigned to Stage Lighting.
     On the night of the performance, when it came to the death scene, I was doing the lights as usual and decided to make a slight change.  (Oops!)  When the leading lady "died" (in front of the curtain), instead of turning the lights off, waiting for her to leave the stage, and then turning the lights back on again, as per instructions in the script, I decided it would be more economical to just leave them on all the way through!  This meant that the leading lady had to improvise a prolonged death scene as she waited in vain for the lights to turn off.  Finally she got up, lights blazing, and walked off the stage in full view of the audience who hooted with laughter at her miraculous recovery.  I felt a fool if there ever was one!
      Another thing I liked was the tennis courts.  I also liked carrying home my cool Slazenger tennis racket.  But  I couldn`t play tennis.  My mother paid for summer lessons for me in the hope that I would be able to enjoy the sport, but I couldn`t even see the ball coming.  I would look round frantically for it, and it would often collide with some part of my body.  Finally, on the ninth day, I did manage to hit the ball.  I have rarely tried to play it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment