Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How I Write Funny Stories For Children

     I used to be a humourless person.  At about age 15 I noticed everyone else seemed to have a sense of humour, and I applied for a sense of humour myself, from Heaven, by praying for one.  I only prayed twice about this if I remember.
     As I wrote, I tried to use funny incidents from my life or realizations that had come to me and incorporate them into my characters' lives in some cases, or in at other times, make them up.  At first, after I decided to make writing my vocation, there was a period of time when I could only write one line or so a day, before feeling very low, but I persisted until gradually this feeling went away when I wrote and I began to enjoy writing more and more and could fill lines a day.
     I try to get still and write down the good ideas that come into my mind.  I keep paper in convenient places around the house so I can write down any gems.  As I diligently write down those ideas and use them, my ability to receive more grows.  Gradually my ability to write, meets my desire to write.  Using a talent in this area is like using a talent in any other:  if you have an inkling that you want to write funny stories you likely have a (perhaps hidden) talent for it and as you use that talent it will develop like a muscle.
     I like writing so much I want to do it all my life and will always love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment