Thursday, July 14, 2011

How I Joined The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints

      Translated from Spanish
      I had read a story about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was 8 years old in a children's storybook, in which the author wrote a testimony of the Church of one of the characters, a woman.
     Also, when I lived in London, England, I liked listening to the music of the Osmonds.  From the Osmonds, I learned the Word of Wisdom, the health law of the Church and lived it for some time, obtaining a testimony that it is true.
     Some years later, I prayed for two weeks to know the plan of Heavenly Father for my life.
     One day, I followed a different route home, and passed a Visitor's Centre for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons).  The Holy Spirit told me to enter.  I decided to return the following day to see if the same thing would happen again.
      I returned the following day to the same place and again the Holy Spirit told me to enter the Visitor's Centre of the Church.  I entered and a missionary asked me if I was a member of the Church.
      "No," I replied to her.  "I would like a tour, please."
      I took a tour about the beliefs of the Mormons and knew that the Word of Wisdom was true and  had faith about the rest.  Two weeks later I was baptized.
      After this day, my testimony of the Church has grown and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment