Friday, June 1, 2012

Sophie Has A Brainwave - 23

     Now we go back to our main characters, Sophie and Ansel.  It was time for a physical education class, so they went swimming in the local swimming pool.
     A side note:  as you may have noticed, the family in this story uses little bits of various languages to spice up their conversations, like my family.  When I was growing up, I had a funny incident happen to me concerning this.
     My mother and sister and I had gone swimming in France.  A lady we knew there was swimming too and told us she was a professeur de physique (physics teacher), but my mother thought she meant she was a professeur d'education physique (physical education teacher) and advised me to take her advice on swimming.  Quite a funny mix-up!
     Sophie and Ansel had a nice time doing the doggie paddle at the pool. 
To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment