Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Big Attraction For Me Of Burns Lake When I Lived There...

     The big attraction for me of Burns Lake, when I lived there, was the snow!  I loved the lifestyle of cozy living indoors in the long winter, nurturing my growing family, while other folks went on with their lives outside.  The children and I had so much fun homeschooling using the Konos method :D
     My children pretended they were Aboriginal people wearing wolf skins, hunting buffalo, when we studied about the different tribes of Aboriginal people.  While this wasn't in the Konos curriculum, they were certainly entering into the spirit of things.  When we studied birds, we made a bird table outside our picture window.  My toddler grew so loving towards the birds that when I took him out for a walk attached to my back, he was attentively looking up into the sky to see if some were coming.  When we studied the instruments of the orchestra, my daughter's paintings of orchestral instruments covered the walls of our cabin.  My children also happened to think studying Konos was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment