Monday, December 10, 2012

The Gypsy Dancer

      When I was young, I took a trip to Seville.  I travelled on the train and boat down from England.
      In Seville I did some art.  When it came time to return home, I still had not achieved my mission of attending Spanish Flamenco dance classes.
     At the station was a gypsy girl.  She had a bucket with which she was begging for money to make a trip to Madrid, the capital city, to live with her grandmother.  There she was going to make a living as a Flamenco dancer.
     We boarded the train and she sat opposite me.  She told me her story.  I shared my lunch with her of crystallized gourd and pears.
     At Madrid, she alighted from the train.  I travelled on to Paris, where I changed trains and took a boat across the Channel to England.  I arrived in England cold and wet and hungry.  My Aunt Gwen put me up for the night.  We parted company and I took the train to London where I attended classes with Flamenco dance teacher Tani Morena.
     About that time, I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and was called on a mini-mission (in London).  I went back to say goodbye to my teacher Tani.

No comments:

Post a Comment