Friday, December 14, 2012

Things My Mum Did For Christmas

     My Mum is gone now, but when she was alive, she did these things for Christmas:  she baked mince pies, bought a Christmas pudding, made turkey with all the trimmings, gave us presents, took us to church for a carol service on Christmas eve.
     One Christmas when I was quite young we lived in a big old house in England and I had the idea of peeking at the Christmas presents during the night.  Oh dear!  Mum had wisely locked the door to the room with the tree and presents in it, but the kitchen had a cupboard in it which went through to the living room where the presents were.  I snuck into the kitchen at about 2 a.m. in my jammies and housecoat and quietly slid the dishes out of one of the shelves and onto the kitchen table, and then slid myself into the living room and peeked at the presents!!  I was quite slim in those days.  My parents were not very pleased the next morning.  Oops!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment