Friday, May 3, 2013

Plans for Heaven with Oma

     Did you ever plan to do some enjoyable thing, but mislay your plans?  When I was a teen I went on a bus trip to Cambridge with my school, Saint Clare's Hall, and we stopped at a trout fishery.  There they sold trout recipes at a bargain price.  I bought two sets and gave one to my Dutch grandmother, Oma as I called her, and kept the other in my journal.  One day I'll make those, I said to myself.  But I have moved and lost them.  Oma passed on to the next world, but I hope that if I make it to Heaven that she and I will have happy times preparing trout recipes together.  She learned to speak English by studying in the King James Version of the Bible from the 1600s, so she is lots of fun to talk to.  She is lots of fun because she is my grandma, but she also uses some quaint expressions from the Bible.  If you want to know how to get to Heaven, ask the missionaries, they will help you!  They can also get you your own Bible free.

No comments:

Post a Comment