Monday, May 13, 2013

The People - Part Eight

     Well, children, by the time you read this I will be visiting the doctor, so please wish me hope.  I have been rehearsing what I will say to him so that I do not become hysterical.  

     It was time for the passengers to alight from the bus at Montreal.  Can you guess where Handy Andy was going?  As it turns out, he was a writer in his spare time, like his neighbour Mabel, and was also attending the conference.  They crossed a bridge when Mabel's prize possession blew over the edge, her essay in Spanish on the symbolic meaning of the labyrinth motif in Hispanic literature.  She (unwisely) climbed down to get it and had to be rescued by Andy.  She lost her essay.
     "Never mind," he said, "You can write another one."

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment