Friday, June 21, 2013

Excerpts From My Diary In '05 by Joanne Morris Okano

May 07 '05
Had a lovely day.  Had a funny time conducting music in Relief Society.  I almost missed conducting the second verse.  Then I conducted 3/4 time when it was supposed to be 4/4 time!  What a funny day.

May 10 '05
Had a nice time visiting children.  Brigham was doing his Spanish, Shoshana read my journal entry for the 07th and laughed.

May 11th '05
I saw love on the floor.  Love on the floor looks like this:  a cracker and a kinder spoon.  The cracker is wedged almost under the edge of the refrigerator.

May 12th '05
I am having a great day.  The Ungers are so kind to me.  Went home to see the children.  It was nice to see them.
Once upon a time there was a princess in a far away land.  She had many servants and they lived in a palace in a far away land.  They lived in the forest when they were wanted by the law and couldn't live at the palace but the law was wrong and they were the good guys.  Many people wanted to meet them but it was a long way to the forest and they couldn't meet them just yet.  They couldn't meet them at all. It was impossible.

May 13th '05
What a wonderful spirit there was at Stake Conference.

May 14th '05
What a wonderful night we had.  The children learned, Brigham and Paul that is, about Galileo and how he stood up for right and Nick played with his toy soldiers.  We went to Brother Styba's funeral and were very sad.

May 15th '05
I had a fine day.  I met a fine new friend today, a man.  My daughter made me proud tonight.  She led the Young Women's Values.  I got her books from the library.

May 16th '05
I had such a good day today.  I went home and taught Paul spelling and vocabulary, the spelling word meanings, and we read a French book together.  We love him.

May 17th '05
(Following are two sketches of dresses and a triangle.  No idea what that was about.)
Went home and saw the children.  Started on the reports.  Love them.  Felt great joy.

May 21st '05
Danced cheerfully to the Yugoslavian music.  Have a wonderful life.  Phoned the children four times today.

May 23rd '05
I had a nice day.  The sun was shining.

Fri
Walked and walked and walked and walked!  Had a nice time finishing my moccasins.

Sat
Had a nice time today.  Felt God's love pouring down from Heaven.

Tues
Joy was felt this morning.

Sat
Found joy in walking outside in the sunshine.

Sun
Had a lovely phone call with the boys.  What I love most about them is that they're nice people.

Mon
Went to the mall for Family Home Evening.  A beautiful evening - nice weather.

Tues
I went to Dundarave and had a fun time.  It was so fun.  The sun was shining.  I feel great about life.

Sun
I'm having a great day and miracles are happening.  Talked to Shoshana on the phone.  Love talking to her.

Mon
Had a nice walk through the shopping centre.  It was nice talking to the children today.

Sun
Made soybeans for lunch.  Had one of the loveliest days of my life recently.  Enjoyed my walk so much.

T
Really enjoyed my sleep last night.  Yesterday was misty rainy weather which I love.

W 29
Had a very funny day.  I couldn't decide what to do.  I phoned my children.  They weren't home.

F 31
Had a nice night's rest.  I really believe in love.

S
I miss the children.  I'm looking forward to seeing them.

W
Sunshine flowed in through the bedroom windows this morning.  Good day.  Great feelings.

T
I had a great time talking to Shoshana.  Be patient and all will be well.

W
Had a happy day.  Had a worth-it time.  Jesus loves us.  I can't believe what a nice day I had.
Memories are made that will never be forgotten.

Sat July
Had such a nice day yesterday.  My dress is coming along nicely.

Sun
Spent a worth-it time today.  Enjoyed thinking about the children.  I really enjoy life.  The Prophet loves us.
A shopping list
brown shoelaces
buckets
art materials
I phoned Somerset and had a nice conversation.

T
It was a sunny day at Dundarave.

W
I miss the children, Shoshana, Brigham, Paul, and Somerset.
Had a really nice time.  I'm having a really good time because I have the funnest time.  God loves us!

Th
I had a fine time at the mall after a good time with my children Paul, Brigham and Nick.  Shoshana was at Trek.

F
Lunch was so good.  I'm so thankful I get enough to eat.  Had a nice walk in the rain.

S
Made some new friends.
Walked to the beach.  Sat on a log and tied my homemade moccasins. Walked along the pier and looked out to sea.  Had a very fun time!

S
Enjoyed writing to Somerset yesterday.  Had a lovely day.  The weather was lovely and I enjoyed so much looking at the (trees) view, which is fabulous.  Wow!

M
Had a lovely walk in the sunshine to mail Shoshana's letter.  I sure love the sunshine.  I enjoyed writing to Shoshana in the night time.

T
I went out on a nice date ~.  Walked all over in the sunshine.  I had a pleasant morning and an even better afternoon having a nice day.   I went by myself.  I wanted to be with you guys - Shoshana, Brigham, Paul and Nick.

W
I had a nice day.  Went for a walk and how very much I enjoyed it!  I'm so glad I mailed Paul's letter!  How much I enjoyed lunch - liver, salad and potato.

T
What a very nice day I had yesterday walking out in the sun and the sand.  Enjoyed watching the birds, and seeing everything God made.

F
I had a good day.  I walked along the road.  I stayed out until 10.30 and my parents called the police.

Sat
Had a wuthering day.

Sun
I really miss those children.

Mon
A lot of people love us.

Tues
I really enjoyed writing to the children today.  I ate good soup potato-mushroom.

Th
I love my children and I miss them.

Fri
I have a compulsion obsessive compulsion called the Goldilocks syndrome.  I go from bed to sofa to sofa to bed to try to find somewhere comfortable to sleep.  To boot, the three bears are coming.

S
Wrote to Somy on his birthday (ahead of time, his birthday's on Wednesday  oh no it's on Friday or is it on Tuesday I can't remember).
Can't believe what's going on in my life - in a positive way of course!

M 9th A
I was ecstatic that Paul phoned.  I was scared of life but I'm realizing that life is better than it seems.

T 10 A
I had a very nice night.

W 11 A
I felt God's love all over Switzerland (Note:  I was in British Columbia).  The weather is beautiful.
I miss my children.  They are such a joy to me.  Listened to music today.  Wrote in my journal.  The Lord loves us!

F
Had a really nice day.  Walked a long way.

S
I had a great day today.  Auntie Pam and I are great buds.

S
Had a lovely day today.

Th
I'm so glad I'm having a wonderful day.  I'm having a great day sewing.

F
Sewed some.  Had a nice day.

Sunday
Today is a day of thankfulness.

Monday
Had a nice day dancing.

Wed
Pocahontas ate berries and juice. I wanted to see the children again.

Thurs
Had the best day of my life in a way.  I miss my children like the bees knees.  I saw a vision of them on the bridge.

Fri
I had a happy day.  It was happy.  I haven't had such a happy day in a year.

Sun
I had races over the hills. President Hinckley as I imagined ran down the hills and the giants ran after.  I'm a children's writer and that's what I saw.

     That's all the excerpts, children.  Ta-da!



No comments:

Post a Comment