Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kitchen Comedy

Dear Readers,

     I thought this time, I'd tell you about my day.  I found a way to spend time with my youngest, Somerset Okano.  At 14, he's quite difficult to please.  He wants to go out and be with his friends.  I let him, but I also want to be with him too.
  
    My first kitchen comedy started earlier today when I was making supper.  I almost dropped a full pasta dish on the ground - oops!  Then I left the plastic wrap on and was about to put it in the oven when I realized what I was doing and took it off.   Later I made a cake mix go iffy by mixing it without the oil ingredient - who would have known that it would look nice without it?  At the last minute I spied the oil in a mixing jug at the side of the kitchen.  Always put your ingredients in one place where you can find them when you're baking a cake like I don't so you know what you're doing, children.  I put the cake in the oven and waited.  Then Somy and I sat down to cake and storytime, children.  Have you ever done that?  Well, I must tell you, it's fun.  We read two stories, children's stories mind you for Somy and me from a book you may remember from your youth, parents.  It's called Uncle Arthur's Storytime and it's about volume 12.

     There, I've said my part.  What about you?  What did you do today?  Write about it in your journal, if you like.

     All the best, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment