Saturday, July 20, 2013

Matilda, The Ugly, A Romance (Abridged) by Joanne Okano (Chapter Two)

Chapter Two
     Every night for dinner, she had the same thing - brussel sprouts.  That was all she would eat.  Her nerves were such that was all she could take and she ate it anyway, you think despite her fat tummy but no her stomach got SMALLER when she ate it because it helped her liver.  
     Only a breath away was a Prince, but he was the wrong sort, he only wanted to dance, not play the fiddle as she did or sit at the harmonica playing it you think.  Oh no, that is a piano, I quite forgot myself, children, please excuse me.  Well back to the story.  There are some things you don't know unless the children tell you as an author, isn't that right, rickety author that I am.  It's my eyesight.  I thought that was a harmonica but I see that the artist has drawn a piano.  Flyspecks on my glasses, I expect.  Oh well.  
     Matilda was a glutton too and only ate the insides of the brussel sprouts.  She left the caps.  They have little caps on, didn't you know?  Does your mother take the caps off?  Ask her.  Oh I'm joking of course, and gluttons aren't picky eaters, I only thought I'd speculate as to what it was that made her eat a mushroom on that day in question.
To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment