Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friends

     After I left my husband, I found a few friends, like Pocahontas, the missionaries and a little man with a briefcase, among others.

My Pocahontas Adventure
     When I was at church one day, Pocahontas lay down with her head on the seat beside me and looked awfully sad.
    Later, on another day, I wore my homemade moccasins and she and I went out on a run together, running around the lanes of British Columbia together.
    The nice thing about the moccasins is that apart from the fact they were inexpensive and easy to make, when you ran through a puddle, they dried in about twenty minutes. 

Friends With The Missionaries
      One sunny morning, I was walking by the sea when I spotted two missionaries driving nearby.  One of them saw me, so I waved.  They didn't know me but the one who saw me waved back.
       Later, missionaries came to visit me in hospital.

The Little Man With The Briefcase
     He appeared and walked beside me up a sunlit hill.  When we reached the top of the hill, we saw giants coming towards us, so we turned around and ran down again.  It was so much fun.

Other Friends
     Of course, I had many other friends.  I know God will listen to you if you ask him.  I asked him for friends, and a family of course, and he has given me both.

No comments:

Post a Comment