Saturday, April 30, 2011

What I Ate When I Was Pregnant

     With my fourth baby, I ate the food from the recipes in Gail Szorza Brewer's book (now Gail Szforza-Krebs) What Every Pregnant Woman Should Know:  The Truth About Diet And Drugs During Pregnancy.  The foreword is by her husband Dr. Tom Brewer.
     I also drank alfalfa and stinging nettle and red raspberry leaf teas.  I completely avoided sugar and honey during the whole pregnancy, apart from having a little Haagen Daz ice cream (I didn't eat the desserts in the book or sweeten the herb tea) and had a baby boy with no complications in the hallway because he came out so fast!  I felt like running around the track afterwards.  The recipes in the book are delicious and I found I had less morning sickness when I ate them, perhaps because I enjoyed them so much.  Nutrition is very important during pregnancy.
     When I did have morning sickness, I also used the Third Wind/peppermint herb tea/Haagen Daz ice cream/my favourite food remedy on one occasion and that helped.  I didn't make up this remedy.  I found it in a midwifery magazine and I can't remember the name of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment