Friday, April 22, 2011

What A Wonderful Life I've Had

      Children, if you met me you might think I'm an old lady, but I'm not so old!  I have had a wonderful life.  Here are a few of my happiest memories...

     1.  The birth of my first child, especially when  we named her my favourite girl's name.  I feel that a name is like a gift that you give someone.

     2.  The birth of my second child,  I felt so much love for him when the hospital staff took him away to put under the baby warmer and check him.  I thought, "Bring him back, please!"

     3.  The birth of my third child when I held him in my arms for the first time.  He had a short umbilical cord, so the midwife cut the cord just as soon as he was born and handed him to me.

     4.  The birth of my fourth child when I held him in my arms and admired his hair and eyes after giving birth to him in the hallway.  I had so much energy I felt like running around the track.

     5.  Dancing with my ex-husband before we were married, when he showed me how well he could dance Spanish Flamenco.

     6.  Going through the desert on the train in Spain and seeing the city of Segovia in the distance on a mountain with the Alcazar (a castle).

     7.  Flamenco dancing lessons with Rosario Ancer.  My son was a toddler and was running around the studio!

     8.  Flamenco dancing lessons with Tani Morena in the basement of a hall in London.

     9.  The audience in a school auditorium were clapping in time with the music when I was Flamenco dancing across the floor rehearsing for the Festival. 

    10. Listening to two of my favourite songs by French singer Charles Trenet on an album my Dad bought in France.  One is "La Mer" (The Sea)  and the other is "Route Nationale 7" about a famous road, with beautiful scenery, the people from Paris take to go to their vacation destinations by the Mediterranean Sea.  We used to go on vacation in France when I lived in England and I have happy memories of cycling along the beach and going for "pommes frites" (French fries)!

     Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Joanne
    Are you still there?
    You wrote 'Flamenco dancing lessons with Tani Morena in the basement of a hall in London.'
    I would like to ask you more about this - I'll explain in private why. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied dance with Tani Morena in the early 1990s. She was a wonderful - and somewhat terrifying - teacher, and a very good photographer to boot.

    ReplyDelete