Friday, May 13, 2011

Tatlow the Sailor - Part Five by J.M.Okano

     When I was little I wanted to grow up to be a combination of Pippi Longstocking and Carmen Miranda.  I wanted to bake cookies and teach myself pluttification at home like Pippi and dance with a pineapple, grapes and bananas on my head.  I  wanted to become an artist and a flamenco dancer too, and as if that weren't enough, I wanted to convert everyone to riding horses instead of driving cars!
      Back to the story.  Saskia, Tatlow, and Hans arrived in the sunshine in Barcelona in Spain.  They met a fabulous artist, Pau, and he showed them all around the town, to Gaudi's cathedral, to the statue of Christopher Columbus and walked with them in Las Ramblas.  He took them on a picnic and showed them the dance of the Catalans, the Sardana.  I tried dancing the Sardana in my living room by myself, but I'd really like to dance it with some friends in the park so if you feel like dancing it  with me, please let me know!       
     Saskia, Tatlow, and Hans thanked Pau and bought four of his paintings and had them shipped back to Rotterdam.
      They slipped a newly built raft into the water and the raft was immediately overwhelmed by the sea.  Sponsible's feet were sloshed with water so much that she, like any good cow who's had enough, jumped over the moon with Saskia riding on Sponsible's back, and came down on a different shore, where they all met up again with each other  -  Venice.




 TO BE CONTINUED


   

1 comment:

  1. I remember this story from when it was in one of its earlier versions. What did Tatlow's name used to be? I feel like it used to be something else... Looking forward to the next part!

    ReplyDelete