Monday, May 16, 2011

Tatlow The Sailor - Part Six by J.M.Okano

                                                                                        
      Saskia, Tatlow and Hans went all through the streets of Venice, singing as they went.  Sponsible went too, but he wasn't singing, I mean she wasn't singing.  (It's 3 a.m. almost and I'm writing this!)  The little children followed them. The friends had bought a monkey, which sat on Tatlow's shoulder.  His name was Honesty. They arrived at a Seafood Restaurant with pillars inside and Spanish classical music played by a pianist.  The three dolls ate quietly, exhausted from the journey.  Honesty ate apples and tidbits from the restaurant kitchen.  Sponsible ate hay outside.  (Where they got the hay from, I'll never know.)  Saskia and Tatlow discussed Othello, and Hans looked around at the ladies.  The three dolls drank coffee after their meal but the Italian coffee was thick and syrupy and gave them heart palpitations.  So they right there gave up drinking coffee and tea.
     I have not met cows more than once.  The event was in a field when I attended Girl Guide camp as a young woman.  I had been left alone to tend a campfire, when a herd of cows from the other side of the field came towards me mooing.  I didn't know what to do, so I backed away and attempted to climb out of the field.  Just at that moment, another member of the camp came to help me.  She showed me how to fend the cows off by saying, "Shoo, shoo!"  They backed away and returned to their side of the field.
     The three friends, with Honesty and Sponsible, sailed for Greece the next day and went and ate Spanakopita,  at a farmhouse where they stayed the night after singing and playing for the owner and her goats.  The farmer was Greek and the goats were Greek but the three friends weren't so they couldn't understand anything they were saying, but they had a nice time anyway, chasing the goats.  
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment