Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tatlow The Sailor - Part One by J.M.Okano

     You may have heard the story of Sinbad the Sailor.  Well, this is the tale of Tatlow the Sailor who was made out of a rag by a mother.  His stuffing wasn't quite right and so he walked with a limp.  Tatlow lived in an apartment in Rotterdam in the Netherlands, right by the old cattlemarket, when there was an old cattlemarket, which was a very long time ago.
     The day after Tatlow was made he was exploring the apartment.  He walked around listening to the beautiful piano music floating from the living room.  He looked into the sunlit room and there he saw a beautiful doll playing the piano.
     She stopped playing and looked at him.
     "Wwwhhoo are you?"  she asked surprised.
     "Tatlow the Sailor," he said.  "What's your name?"
     "Sssaskia," she said.
    "What's wrong with the way you talk?"  asked Tatlow, concerned.
     "I have a ssspeech impediment.  If I use my talents, a kind fairy told me, my ssspeech impediment will one day get better and I'll talk normally.  Would you like to go swimming?"
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment