Monday, August 15, 2011

The Great Sardine Fiasco

     My father and I found some frozen sardines, of the giant variety, at the store recently and decided to try using them in a simple-sounding recipe.
     I defrosted two of them but decided that, after cutting off the fish-heads and tails, scaling them, taking out the fish-guts and bones, there wasn't much left for lunch.  So, I decided to quickly defrost two more by running cold water over them for several minutes.
     Unfortunately, I had failed to put the cucumber peel I  had previously thrown into the garburetor through, and pouring more and more water over the top, ended up flooding the dishwasher which then overflowed onto the floor.
     The simple recipe was tasty and I would like to have some again, but not if the floor is going to get flooded.
     Talking of fish, did you know that you can fish for anchovies just about everywhere.  How kind God is to give us such an abundance of anchovies to put in our Salade Nicoise.  Shoshana has a Salade Nicoise recipe and she may give it to us sometime.





















No comments:

Post a Comment