Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Twelve Pixies - Part Sixteen by Joanne Morris Okano

     One evening when they were seated at the dinner table and eating soup, Mother read aloud a letter she had received in the post from the pixies' father.  It read,
     "Dearest,
     How are you?  I am surfing on the beach in Baja California.  The surf is great.  I just decided to wish myself over here for the day like the boys did over the wishing stream.  Give my love to the children.  Back soon, love Arnold xx
      "I hope he's having a good time," said Mother.
     "Can we go to Baja California," asked the young pixies. 
     "Yes, I think that sounds like a nice idea.  We'll all go there for our summer holidays, once Auntie and Uncle return, providing Dad and I can find the money and Daddy agrees," she replied.
     "Oh, Mummy, that's fabulous!"  the pixies all cheered.
                                                              TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment: