Friday, August 12, 2011

More Things I Learned From Being A Mother

28. If you make a mistake, try to do better next time, and forgive yourself.
29. Don't worry about what people think.
30. Have a social life.  When my children were young, I did this by inviting my friends over to our home and visiting them in theirs.
31. Sometimes as much as you love your children, and as much as they want to do something, you have to say no.
32. I used to be an ironing fanatic, but I found that after my children were born, I almost totally gave it up  to read to the children.
33. Having experienced labour, I would compare it to running a marathon alone, barefoot over rocks, in a thunderstorm by a tempestuous sea, at night!
34. If you want children to learn a hobby, do it yourself, and just provide them with the materials of their own.  They will sometimes get inspired and jump into action when they see you doing what you love.
35. Children like ice cream.
36. Children will eat salad in some cases if it is an interesting enough mix.
37. Children in my family love broccoli with butter and parmesan cheese.
38. Children in my family will usually eat spinach if it is in Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie).
39. To my surprise, two of my children love opera.
40. I secretly wished my children would be musical when they were tinies.  When they got older (in their teens for most of them), they all became musical to my pleasant surprise, so I learned that all is not lost if it doesn't happen when they're small.
41. I learned that I really enjoyed making clothes for them.
42. Children really benefit a lot from Seminary.
43. Love your children.
44. Be spontaneous.
45. Love life and live life to the fullest with them, enjoying every opportunity for growth.

                                                                                 
~~~







No comments:

Post a Comment