Thursday, September 6, 2012

Homeschooling Curriculum

     If you're a newbie homeschooler, and you don't know which homeschooling curriculum to use, there's a good suggestion from me - Konos!  It's not free like the Book of Mormon, but it is worth it.  If you like hands-on activities, with good writing skills and lots of good reading, Konos may be the one for you.
     If you're American and you're looking for a phonics program, look no further than Guyla Nelson's work.  She wrote the Little Patriots Program, which we used very happily for my first child (and would have used it for my second child except that he'd memorized it at age 3 from  my first child and I couldn't keep up with him, so we gave him wooden letters and words written on cards by using the Montessori method and he got on with it himself right well).  Although the Little Patriots Program is now out of print, she has a new method out, the American Language Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment