Friday, September 28, 2012

The Machine Of Toast by Joanne Okano

     Marvellous things happened one day to my machine of toast, said Paulina to me one day at the counter in the grocery store.  Out popped a little man, with two inch hair and strong smell of whiskey.  Oh no, I said, you can't smell like that, said Paulina, let's get the smell out.  So we washed his clothes out and set them out to dry while he hid behind a bush.  Scrubbing I did a lot of work, she said and soon he smelled better not but his clothes smelled better.  I see we need to wash you too, said Paulina, turning her back and leaving the area.  Get in the water, son, she yelled with purpose.  And that is the end of the story, you think, but no.  Next day, he came back again with a big grin on his face and said, I don't think I do that again, it was too embarrassing, so I stop drinking, he said.  No more booze ever again.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment