Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Mother

     My mother was a wonderful fabric artist.  She attended embroidery classes in England where she learned to do embroidery and also visited stately homes around England to see their collections of antique embroidery.
     She left my son Paul a fabric art picture she had made of an abandoned cart in a forest.  The cart is made out of wood and the trees and background of the forest are all made from fabric of varying textures and shades.  It is an interesting piece of art.
     My Dad was away a lot and she also attended astronomy classes to make up for the time he was gone, so she didn't get bored.  He bought her a telescope from San Francisco which she kept on her balcony.  I remember being woken up at 3a.m. to look at Mars, when I was a child.  She had insomnia so this was an ideal night-time pursuit.  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment