Thursday, January 10, 2013

Have-all-dom

     In Have-all-dom there lives a man called Have-not.  He is old, he is screwed up and he is wise.  Now that may not seem like a happy equation but he is the happiest person there because he is enabled to do what he pleases, to paint.  He has an easel, paints, brushes, canvas and boards for setting his work on when it's drying.  Ah, what a pleasant life he has.  End of story.
     His name means Michaelmas Daisy and I have seen him lying at the side of the road on his day off, sunning himself fully clothed and enjoying life.
     I wish I were him sometimes, says the rich Have who wrote this story, but such is not to be.  Ah, well, another day another dime.  It's a recession too for me.  I have four children too, like he has but mine are brats.  They whine, they fuss, and they make a mess of things.  His are divinely enabled to be not brats.  I don't know how he does it.  They fuss about maybe, but they don't whine or make a mess of things.  They don't appreciate good liquor, they don't even drink it, like mine want to.  Ah, well, what to do?  Maybe in another lifetime, I'll be like him.
     But until then, I have my wife, and he has none.  No one wants him, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment