Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Had Fun Dancing To The Fun Dance Rhythms

     Once upon a time, when I was a little girl in England, my parents took me up to town to Foyles' six storey high bookstore.  It was so fun.  The cashier on each floor was in a cage to protect her.  I went straight to the dance section and picked out a book from Brigham Young University called Fun Dance Rhythms. (This is a Mormon university, but I wasn't a Mormon at the time.) It contained instructions for many dances.  I was so excited.  I used it for homeschooling my children when I was a grown up.  I remember doing the Mambo with them, which they thought was hilarious!
      Another time, I went to the same bookstore, also as a little one and bought another dance book entitled
Jazz Dance which had a history of jazz dance (which I read) and instructions in Labannotation (which I still can't read) for many dances.
      I have had so much fun with dance and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment