Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Story-time Again : Esay

      Well, I guess that's it for the Poetry Festival.
    
     Once upon a time there was a man who lived in the jungle of Buenos Aires.  Where Buenos Aires is, I don't know you think, but no, I've looked at a map and there must be a jungle at Buenos Aires somewhere, so this is about that jungle.
     The man's name was Esay.   He had shoes from Buenos Aires, so they were comfortable.  He lived in a hut, but had shoes fit for a king.
     He climbed up a tree and picked a pomegranate.  Do pomegranates grow on trees?  I have no idea, but I'm writing a story here, so bear with me.  I have always wanted to go to Buenos Aires, so this is my chance to go, in imagination to that wonderful spot.  He picked a pomegranate and it flew open and a bird flew out.  It said, "Why, it's Thursday of course."
     This all struck him as wonderful, as everything in Buenos Aires does.  The food is wonderful, the people are wonderful and the hilltops are wonderful.  Now if I find out Buenos Aires is flat, I'll really be up a creek.
     He taught the bird to speak English and that was his day, teaching the bird.  Goodbye, little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment