Thursday, October 11, 2012

Journal

     This morning was slow.  I arose about seven thirty and ate a new recipe.

WHEAT PORRIDGE WITH CHEESE BREAKFAST

Ingredients
3 heaping tablespoons whole wheat flour
dash of salt
1 cup water
handful grated cheese (Mozzarella works well)

Method
Whisk together the whole wheat flour, salt and water in a saucepan.  Bring the mixture to the boil  and turn down the heat to low until it thickens, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon (about 5 minutes).  Take saucepan off the heat, and add a handful of grated cheese, stirring it in and letting it melt.  Cool slightly and pour into a bowl and eat.  Serves 1.

    Today was a slow day for me but I got a lot done anyway.  The reason it was slow was that my health is not good.  I go to see a naturopath from time to time about my liver.  A naturopath is a kind of doctor who helps you get well again.  She said that my liver is down to a quarter of its functioning, so I sleep a lot.  She helped me get some ideas for getting well again and I am doing a lot better than I was.  Her name is Doctor Cristina Merluza.  She is a very good doctor.

     I read scriptures briefly and prayed to my Heavenly Father for a good day.  I always pray for health.  You know why?  because then I get through my day better.
     At the grocery store today I let out a yelp of joy when I saw my daughter Shoshana approaching with two pizzas in her cart.  We embraced and said hello.  I bought some things and felt so grateful that I don't have to eat bugs like some people.
     I went home and ate some soup and wrote my blog, not in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment