Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Script Of Songwords Of Birds And Planes

(Early morning)
CROW song:  I can't sing, but I try my best!

(Before the sun comes up)
SPARROW: I wonder what the sun is doing?

(English country garden bird concert.  Early morning 4 a.m.)
SOLO:  Why are you all looking at me?
CHORUS:  I wonder what you're doing in this part of the garden?  You should be with your mother.

(Another English country garden bird concert, outside the home of a Shakespeare enthusiast.)
CHORUS:  Brutus is here - where is Cleopatra?

(England: Pigeons at bedtime - English country garden)
1ST PIGEON:  Evening is here - why can't I go to sleep?
2ND PIGEON:  I don't know - why don't you try harder.
3RD PIGEON:  Oh, go to sleep you two.

(Canada - early morning.)
CROWS ARGUING:  Oh, go away.
ANOTHER CROW, HORATIO, SAYS:  I can't find my mate.

ANOTHER CROW SAYS:  Why am I flying for no known reason?  I can't find a place to sit.

ANOTHER CROW:  I can't fly any harder.

CHORUS:  Oh, it is breezy today.  Why is it so breezy?  I don't know.  God said so.

CROWS:  You never know what will happen when you fly around.  You might find a mate that way.

ANOTHER CROW:  I don't know why, with your looks.

CONVERSATION BETWEEN CROWS:
Oh I give up.
What?
I can't get any help.
Help with what?
Help with my mate.
You give up easily.  I searched for days.
There she is.  There she was.  She's gone again.
Give up oh go on.
I don't care what she looks like - I want her.  I haven't got a mate.
How hard is it for you to understand, she's taken.
I go upsetter and upsetter about this.
She's white with brown hair is she - is she a person?

BIRDSONG:  All I want to do is stretch out in the sun - But there is no sun.

(English country garden)
SOLO:  All day long I fly around this garden and I never get anywhere - it's all the same - green.

CATERPILLAR:  Awesome view.

RAVEN:  I'll be kind to myself and sit down for a while.

CROWS:  (A plane flies overhead)  Cavendish is coming.  We call the plane Cavendish because it's plush with seats inside.  Oh, when will it go away.  It makes so much noise.  It goes on and on.

PLANE:  I am flying high in the sky.

CROW:  I like it when I make this sound in my throat - caw!

CROWS:  Oh what a while it has been since a plane has flown overhead.  I wonder when the next one's coming.

CROW:  Oh what a bother.

LOTS OF BIRDS ON A TREE:  We're all flying around.  Nobody seems to mind what we do today.  Except the wind.  It keeps blowing us around.

PLANE:  I'm having a blissful time, up in the sky, flying by, high oh high.  Why so high?  I don't know why.  My oh my.  You fly so high, you come down low, you go real slow.  Oh you never know where you will show.  I fly away, I take a day,  Away, away (fade)
High oh high
Fly oh fly
Fly away
Gone today.

NARRATOR:  Another plane is coming.

PLANE:  Oh how weary I am of carrying these passengers.  I'm an old plane you surmise.  No, a very old plane.

PLANE:  I am a brand new plane.  I have spunk.

PLANE:  Oh what a day - what a glorious day.  I am fine, and everything is fine on board.

PLANE:  (low rumble)  I'm coming.  See me fly!  And up again.  And now I'm going to do something special - (somersaults) there we are.  I did it.

CROW:  What a whopper!  He should see us fly!

PLANE:  Here I'm coming again.  Get out of my way.  I'm going down - there.

PLANE:  A chrysalis is coming - me.  I'm not there yet.  Steady on my feet - not yet.  I wonder what I'll do today.  The instructor is telling me what to do...Impossible!  I can't do that.  Oh yes I can.  He's talking me into it - I did it!  Yes I can.  Oh I wonder what I'll do tomorrow.  Oh, worries are plentiful - how do I get down?  There, I did it.

PLANE:  My lumbago is getting me down.

(After lunch)
CROW:  Oh, pass along the crackers.

PLANE:  (Sputtering by happily)  I'm just sputtering by, I said.  What more do you want from me?

CROW:  Oh, go away.

PLANE:  Ah,  what a fine day it is...Away to the left.  There we are.  What a view.  I'm coming down, down to the airport, mind out the way sailor (he says to the seagull).

CROW:  Oh what a washout.

NARRATOR:  Could we please hear more about the crow who was looking for his girl?

PLANE:  (deep voice - hight up in the air - British accent)
I wonder what's going on down there.  A fairly big city of thousands of people.  I'm not going down there, but I'd like to.  I'm going to Vancouver.  British Airways, you know.  Tiddley-pom.  Still flying overhead, no washout here.  I'm going to get to my destination.  (Narrator looks up from rock on the heath).  Oh what a long way it is down.  I hope I don't fall.  Just kidding, although the passengers don't find it funny.  Bit of turbulence, I say, bit of turbulence.  Ah there we are, free again.  The winds are to the south.  We are going down.  Tallyho.
Away to the left there's a stranded crow.  (Esmerelda)  Seems to have lost her way.  Esmerelda Dickens she says.  She has no money, nothing left, and she's lost her mate.  Crows don't have money do they?  Oh well, it fits with the story, says the author.  She's crazy about him, she caws.  Where is he?  Seen him?  She's lost her crow, she says - a man.  Have you found him?

NARRATOR:  He was here today, outside my apartment, searching for her.  Near the fig tree.  If she waits on the fig tree he might find her.  He was most distraught.

PLANE:  She's coming in to your right she says.

ESMERELDA DICKENS CROW:  Caw caw here I come to the fig tree by the washing line.  I wonder where he is?  Will he be coming back?  I'm most distraught.

HORATIO CROW:  Ditto I'm here dear (he says swooping in - they kiss)

PLANE:  What a happy ending says the British Boeing 747.

NARRATOR:  Now I don't have any word cards because I'm up to my ears in them but here's a closing song:

I found my guy
My man is back
I found my guy
My man is back
He stuck to me
Like glue today
When he came back to me
(Repeat)
The End



No comments:

Post a Comment