Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pavel's Story Concludes

     Let's have a prayer, said Mama.  They prayed for the Dad of the family and then had supper.
     Later that evening, after the Father had been discussed at length, Dmitri came in saying hopeful things:
     I got some money!  They paid me!  I can't believe it.
     Who?  Why?  asked Pavel.
     The gardening job - they paid me.  I thought they weren't going to pay me, I did such a dumb job.  I'm no good at gardening.  I just took the job because it was free.  I'll do better in future I think in this country, he said.  They told me to take a horticulture degree too.  I think I'll do it.
      And Dmitri was happy as a sandboy for the rest of the evening.
     Do you two want to come with me to party tonight?  he asked Pavel and Mama.
     No, thank you, dear, said Mama (panic), let's stay home and have Family Home Evening.  Why don't you play a board game with us?  she asked hopefully.
     Well, alright, said Dmitri and sat down and played with them.  He won.  Hands down.
    
     One day Daddy came home from the mental asylum where he had been kept, and Mama, Papa and Pavel went out for lunch together.  Pavel was so excited and so was everybody else.  He was fine.
When they came home Pavel helped Mummy bake Mince Pies for the family and they ate some and then they all went out for a run in the snow, Pavel riding his tricycle.  They were so happy.
     Then the novel ends, children and my, my, wasn't that the shortest novel you ever did read!  And easy on the nerves.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment