Monday, October 29, 2012

Journal

     Once when I was much younger and an inexperienced seamstress but eager for new challenges, I offered to help sew some of the costumes for an amateur stage production of Oklahoma!  The poor people didn't realize what they were getting themselves in for!  I was just getting into sewing the bright green circle skirts when I realized that at my rate of sewing, I wouldn't have enough time to finish sewing them all, if I did it all myself.
     Sometimes when you do all you can and can't finish the rest in life, God sometimes sends you a helper to assist you.  That's a spiritual principle.  I think it comes from having a prayerful heart.  That time, God sent my mother and she had the remaining skirts finished in almost no time (as I remember, it took her one day).

No comments:

Post a Comment