Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tatlow The Sailor - Part Eighteen by J.M.Okano

      Saskia, Tatlow and Kazuhiro packed up their belongings, to go their separate ways.  Tatlow wanted to go back to the sea.
     On their way out, they saw the neighbour.
     "You know you really are the funniest man I've ever met," said Tatlow.
     "It's all on account of my mother.  She said, "I put you in discreet charge of the children.  I put you in charge of them but I'm not telling them that.  You watch them and tell me everything they do."  I learned how to be very observant," said the neighbour with a grin.
     Everyone said goodbye.  Saskia and Sponsible went away, Kazuhiro moved locally and Tatlow and Honesty the monkey boarded a cruise ship for a long round the world trip.
     Tatlow earnt his keep by steering the ship, washing the floors (a job which he loved to do as he was taught to love it by his mother) and entertaining the passengers with his jokes.
     "What is a car window?  A device which when rolled down, messes up women's hair," he quipped.
     For something to do, he bought an accordion and a how-to-play-accordion book at the concession stand.  He studied accordion in his room in the evenings and played his way across the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment