Monday, October 8, 2012

Pavel Goes To The Park

     Oh, look at the swallows!  said Pavel.  The swallows were building their nests and Pavel was interested.  He watched them for a while and then said, Mummy, did Daddy die?  Where did he go?
     No, dear, Daddy is not dead, only gone for a while, she said.  Daddy is a good man and he will come back again.
     Oh, okay, said Pavel.  And why do we have to live with Uncle Dmitri?
     Because he's family, she replied kindly.  She frothed at the mouth nearly at this thought, but it was done - the words were said.  I wish he were kinder, and would you please follow Jesus' example and not Dmitri's is what I was trying to say at the house, she carried on.
     Oh, I get it.  Don't try to be like Dmitri, try to be like Jesus, said the boy.  He got it.
     Her cell phone rang.  Hello, she said.
     Hello, this is Boyfriend Number 1, said the cell phone.
     I don't have a boyfriend, I'm married, she replied quickly, and ended the call.
     This happened again four times.  She was shaken up.  She said to Pavel, Quick, Pavel, we're going back to the house.  I don't know which is worse, Dmitri or this man on the phone.  Dear God, if this is going to happen again, she prayed, I want Pavel and me to go home. 
     I want you to live, said God.  It won't happen again.
To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment